Claudia Gould, Helen Goldsmith Menschel Director, and Jens Hoffman, Deputy Director, Exhibitions and Public Programs, discuss the exhibition Other Primary Structures which is on show at the Jewish Museum.
The exhibition was designed by A Practice For Everyday Life & Feilden Fowles.
Feilden Fowles are thrilled to have received the RIBA South West award for the Lee Building at Ralph Allen School. The school is delighted and former principle Libby Lee described the building eloquently at its recent opening:
‘The building is an inspirational space, placed in a landscape that it powerfully exploits and relates to. It offers a very flexible learning space and has a civic presence to equal its proud place in the community. I had not imagined so much could be achieved in a single building.’
Feilden Fowles are delighted to have won The Fratry Project at Carlisle Cathedral following an invited architectural competition. The Grade 1 listed Fratry building will be sensitively refurbished with the addition of a new arrival space, cafe and interpretation space giving a new lease of life to the 14th Century building and the wider Cathedral Precinct. The project win reflects Feilden Fowles’ growing expertise in heritage work and uniquely sensitive contexts.
Feilden Fowles’ Lee Building, an education building for ‘Applied Learning’ in Bath has been shortlisted for the RIBA South West Awards. We look forward to the winners being announced in early May.
Feilden Fowles Architects is seeking an experienced Part II architectural assistant to join its team in east London.
The candidate should have a positive attitude, be well organised and able to manage workloads efficiently, with at least two years relevant experience in the UK.
Candidates should possess the following skills:
· first and foremost, must be an excellent designer
· broad experience in technical detailing
· good CAD drawing skills and knowledge of MicroStation
· able to demonstrate rendering/Photoshop skills
· manage the production and co-ordination of tender packages
· able to communicate and present clearly and concisely
· excellent organisational and time management skills, with experience of working to deadlines
· able to work well as part of a small team, be proactive and show initiative
Interviews will begin from 10 April 2014. Unfortunately, we are only able to respond to candidates invited for an interview
Please send CVs and portfolios with a covering letter, attachments no bigger than 5MB, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our austerity build has reached practical completion providing 10 exemplar teaching spaces at a cost of £1400/ m2. The building was constructed in 7 months and is a study in rationality and modular construction. The cantilevered CLT structure supports the suspended steel access deck providing sheltered social and breakout space. The rhythm of the elevation mirrors that of the adjacent Lee Centre, completing a new courtyard containing learning gardens. This building is the latest phase in the masterplan and replaces 10 temporary classrooms.
- Office Lunch- Fajitas served with debate about carbon footprints #mexican #lunchtime http://t.co/sn2zL4FThT
20 hours ago
- Beautiful Dalwhinnie Circle by Artist and legend Tom Leech #landscapeart #landart #highlands #stone http://t.co/Hlw1fZ3Wuu
2 days ago
- Amazing- Moving 7600 ton apartment building to create a boulevard in Alba Iulia, Romania, 1987 http://t.co/Gykfdnj2cC http://t.co/GKjQKsIH9p
2 days ago
- Great to see the Rose Building being put to such creative use @RalphAllenBath, captured by David Grandorge #schools http://t.co/aLtRUIJN7l
2 weeks ago
- RT @andrewbacon01: Encourage everyone to take part: @ArchitectsJrnal - Is architectural #education working? http://t.co/4BnVVHbSIj #archite…
3 weeks ago