Brockwell Park Community Greenhouses
Feilden Fowles have been appointed to develop a new scheme to support the existing community facilites at Brockwell Park greenhouses in South London including new teaching spaces, kitchen, storage, amenities and play areas.
The 1 acre site sits within Brockwell Park, a Grade II Registered Park and Garden. The site was originally used as kitchen garden to Brockwell Hall. When the site became a park in 1891, it was used by the park management for cultivation and by the 1970s considerable work had been undertaken by Lambeth Council in building 7 greenhouses on the site. In 1998 the greenhouses were no longer required for functional use by the park and became a resource for the local community which was ultimately formalised into ‘Brockwell Park Community Greenhouses’. The proposed building is located to the north of the site connected to the existing northern greenhouse (1981) and a more recent volunteer hut (2010).